Sunday, November 17, 2013

Doggy Disaster

     "Race all of you to Lauren's yard!" That was my call for my friends, Lauren, Lexi, my little sister Erika, and I to start running.
I was the first  to get there. That's when Lauren suggested we play with her dog Hershey.

     "Will Hershey attack us?" asked Erika

     "No she won't." Lauren replied. So we all climbed over the fence except Erika.

     "Erika are you coming or not?" asked Lexi.  
   
     Erika hesitated for a bit then pulled herself over the fence.  Once we were all in the yard Hershey bound for us.  Swiftly I put my hand to the top to the 3 foot high fence and jumped over Oh my god that was so scary I thought.  Lauren hopped over the fence to calm Hershey down so we could go back in. 

     "It's all right you can come in." yelled Lauren. 

     We all went back over the fence and this time Hershey was calm.  

     "Lauren can you go get her ball?" I asked 

     "Sure just hold on to her collar so she won't run around and scare Erika" 

     I walked over to grab her collar.  In a few seconds Lauren was back with a ball just bigger than my fist.  She handed me the ball and I threw it across the yard.  Then she let go of the collar and Hershey as fast as lightning bolted off for it.  We through it again and again.  Since Lauren had done this before she got easyly bored.  That's when Lexi picked up the ball and through it.  Instead of going for the ball Hershey just sat there.  Lexi walked over and gave Hershey a little kick.  Then out of the blue Hershey leaped up, fastened her teeth on Lexi's shirt and pulled her to the ground.  I stood there frozen thinking about 2 weeks back.  It was a snowy winter morning, I was walking over to Lauren's house with Erika to ask her to play.  As I took my 7th step into Lauren's yard out of nowhere Hershey lunged for me.  I screamed as Hershey fastened her teeth on my coat almost bitingv my ear.  Lauren came running out and took Hershey to the backyard.

     "Help me Vivian!!!  Get her off of me!!" Lexi yelled yanking me out of my daydream.
   
     I dashed over to Lexi and grabbed Hershey's collar to let Erika and Lexi get out of the yard.  Phew that was a close one I thought but then I noticed to eyes as dark silky full of anger staring at me.  

     "AAAAAHHHHHHH!" I screamed.

     I ran around the yard while Hershey was right behind me with her mouth full of sharp yellow teeth wide open.  I took a quick detour through a bush and jumped over the fence.  I checked my self for any injuries and found none.  

    "Lexi are you okay?" I asked, but I didn't need her to reply to notice 3 bloody scratches on her arms.

    I ran into my house to get a first aid kit.  When I came out I cleaned Lexi's wounds and bandaged them.  After this incident we all learned that we should never force a dog to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment