Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nightmare on the 67th Floor

It was finally Halloween! I had been waiting the whole year just for this day.  But I hate when adults try to scare little kids.  Even a six year old like me can tell the difference between a mask and a real monsters.  I'm Antoinette, but I like to be called Annie.  I live in The Charleston Plaza in New York City with my grandmother who I call Nanna.  In the penthouse on the 66th floor which is at the tippy-top of the Hotel.

"Antoinette, wake up, you're going to be late for tea with Mr. Chaffau," said Nanna, "Once you've taken your bath, put on the lavender dress that I laid on the dresser."

So, I just couldn't wait for the evening when I get to put on my pretty pink princess outfit, complete with my sparkly tiara.  After my bath, I changed and went down for breakfast.

"Antoinette!  That bath was twice as long as it should've been," yelled Nanna, "You better eat that breakfast fast or you won't be able to go trick or treating tonight."

Breakfast looked divine.  The table was decked with scones, biscuits, french toast, quiches, cinnamon rolls and my favorite red velvet pancakes.

"Antoinette, it's so un-lady like to scarf down you food like a hungry pig," Nanna yelled.

"You said to eat fast," I said, talking with my mouth full.

"Ughhh, try not to get anything on the dress.  It's new," sighed Nanna, "So tonight, I'll arrange for Victoria and Savanna to come over for Halloween.  Please don't scare everyone.  I think that has to o with what Mr. Chaffau has to talk to you about."

After a delicious breakfast we went down to Mr. Chaffau's office.

"So Antoinette, I have some very important business to talk to you about, concerning the well being of the guests at Charleston Plaza," he said tiredly.

I guess someone forgot their coffee, because Mr. Chaffau was a tired wreck.

"Please don't scare everyone," he said, "We had half of our guest checkout that very night."

"When did I ever do that," I exclaimed.

The TV in the corner flashed on and showed me scaring people.  They wore expressions that they were scared so hard that they wet their pants.  

"You're no fun," I humphed.

Ok, so the day was as boring as any other day.  Finally, after teas followed by teas, we got home, just in time to get ready for Halloween.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment