Tuesday, February 10, 2015

AHW

I woke up to the faint sound of chirping birds on my window sill.  It was the first day of Kindergarten.  All my past experiences with school have been disastrous.  Mommy says that I'm just a problem waiting to happen.  But for your information it wasn't my fault that Leila's nose decided to bleed after I hit her.  To make matters worse, she was in my Kindergarten class.  Well anyway, I'm more focused on first impressions.  My best friend Carmen told me about first impressions.  Apparently her sister said it's what people think of you by how you look and act.  I asked my big sister Scarlet about first impressions and she said that the worst thing a person can think about you is you're either ugly or a snarky brat. I didn't know what a snarky brat was but I wanted to be established as the most glamorous, fabulous, marvelous, magnificent, spectacular, remarkable, outstanding, extravagant, phenomenal, breathtaking, astounding, well you got the memo.

"Gracie, it's time to wake up," said my mom, walking into the room, "What do you want to wear?"

"I want to wear my extra sparkly green shirt, with the very poofy orange skirt and my rainbow boa," I squealed with excitement.

Everyone would be so jealous of my grand appearance, I thought.  After a breakfast fiasco (My eggs were overcooked!) we hopped into the car and drove to my School

"Good Morning, you must be Gracie.  Welcome to Kindergarten.  I'm Mrs. Daphney," she said.

"Well, I'm Gracie and I will be the goodest kid in your class," I beamed.

"I see we have to work on grammar.   Why don't you go meet some of your classmates," said Mrs. Daphney, shooing me away.

I walked into the room and immediately noticed Leila.  She was with her friends who were all wearing their chic shirts and skinny jeans.  Uhhggg.

"Oh my.  Is that Gracie, for a second I thought you were a spray painted goat.  Yet again, you do look like a goat," she giggled.

"Well you look like.... you," I mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment