Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Snorkeling

Snorkeling

The wind whipped my hair around as we sat on a speed boat to go snorkeling.  Listening to the boat crew's snorkeling safety lecture, I put on my shiny pink snorkel mask.  I looked over to my dad, who was getting two life jackets.  "We have reached the snorkeling point the crew will help you into the water.  Don't swim too far from the boat in case of an emergency." said the captain from the speakers.  "Ready to go Vivian?"asked my dad "Super Ready!" I said happily.  The crew had changed into their bathing suits and now were in the water to assist us.  My dad and a crew member helped me climb into the water.  The water was icy cold it took a while for me to get used to the cold water.  Once I got used to the water there was a stinging sensation in my knee I knew at once that it was my scab responding to the salt in the ocean water but I didn't care.  I put my snorkeling mask on and put the tube in my mouth.  Then I put my face in to the water.  It was a beautiful sight.  All of the colorful fish were swimming around the coral.  In a school of fish was one of the crew members.  He was swimming in circles and feeding the fish.  He swam over to me and gave me some food for the fish.  I watched as little fish the size of a medicine pill swan over to get the food.  In a few second the school of fish had eaten the food.  Another crew member was swimming around doing tricks.  I swam over to a small coral reef and saw sea turtles and a stingray swimming around some brain coral.  BEEP, BEEP, went the boat.  That was the signal that we had to get on board.  It was an amazing time and I hope to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment