Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AHW

It rained so hard today.  It was right before my lacrosse game when we heard some thunder.  At first, I thought it was a garbage truck picking up the garbage, until I saw big grey clouds drifting towards the field.

"Are we going to have the game," my coach J.P. asked the referee.

"You can ask the other coach," said the referee, "Even if we have the game, you'll have to wait 30 min in case it rains."

I really wanted to play that game, but at the same time I didn't want to be zapped by lightning. I wondered what the coaches were talking about.  They were all huddled in a circle and mumbling.  I decided to pack up my stick because anyway we were moving.

"The game is cancelled," announced the coach, "Call your parents and wait in Berkshire."

Once I got to Berkshire, it started raining like bonkers.  It sounded like billions of tiny pebbles falling to the earth.  When I walked outside all the little rain drops massaged my scalp as I ran over to my mom's car.

No comments:

Post a Comment