Monday, November 10, 2014

AHW

Birthday Lights Out!

I looked out the bay view widow at the gloomy panorama.  It was June 28th 2013.  You might ask what was so special about June 28th 2003.  Well first of all, it was my my birthday.  Second of all, it marked the day I turned double digits.  About 10 years before this date, I was born.   Now back to the story.  I was looking out the window at the flooded streets.  The sky was overcast and a thunder storm had just  blown in.  I glanced at the road hoping to see a sign of the people I invited to my birthday party.  About 30 minutes later, everyone was here.  We were in the dining room, just finishing up duct tape bags.  We still had 1 hour until we were going to bowling.

"WHat are we going to do," I asked.

"Let's play this game when you have to creep the person sitting nest to you," said Mia (Lewis).

Well, we played this game for about 5 minutes.  Then there was a loud roar of thunder.  All of Erika's friends and I went screaming.  I don't know why I did it, but it was fun.  But just a second later, the lights went out.  Mia started screaming and crying.

"Why are you crying," asked Megan.

Mia didn't reply.  She just kept crying and crying.  After a few minutes Mia stopped.

"I'm scared," she said.

"Power outages are no big deal," I said.

"Yeah but it was scary," Mia replied.

Mia had small puffy bags under her eye lids from crying.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment