Friday, November 21, 2014

AHW

AHW

Hi I'm Kyla Lewis a 16 year old girl who lived in Springdale.  Springdale was known for its rich history.  Around the year 1900, 5000 citizens were killed by a small epidemic of Pageovirus D-98.  The Pageovirus caused its victims to think that they were animals.  To quarantine the infected, the Mayor ordered everyone infected to be locked up in the Springdale Jail.  Eventually, the jail was filled with Pageovirus victims.  5 years after the disease broke out, the Springdale Jail was burnt down by their loved ones (for no reason) and never spoken about again.  10 years later, a school was built a top the ruins.

On June 12, 2014, the citizens of Springdale, crowded around the "Cochester High".  Everyone in town was there, including me.  I as some people say, am a very curios girl. I always have to know what  was going on.  This was an event that I could not miss.  About 1 hour ago, a shrill shriek came from inside of the school.  A call was made by Mrs. Gaffney who heard the scream.  The police found out that everyone inside had gone insane.  When I got there the police were taking some students to the "Springdale Asylum for the Mentally Ill".  The students were twitching and saying things that didn't make sense.  I could not resist a moment like this, so I decided to get some info on the scene.

"So what exactly happened," I asked a nearby officer.

"Well, about an hour ago, all the people in the building went crazy.  The bad thing is, there are still some crazy people in the school.  Those people are the people who went really psycho," said the officer, "Even I'm scared to go inside."

"Really!  Have you found a cause," I asked.

"No, not yet.  Most of the times it's a disease of something of the sort, but we just got the lab results and doesn't give the smallest hint of that so.." his voice trailed off.

"So what do you think it is that cause this sudden out burst," I asked.

"Well, at this point we don't know.  We've tried everything possible, disease, poison and more.  I mean what else is there to try," he asked.

"How about, maybe..." I said getting cut off.

"This is sort of like the incident of 1900," said an old lady.

For some reason, she looked familiar.

"The what," said the officer.

"Oh I forgot that people don't talk about it anymore.  Allow me to introduce myself, I am Mrs. Periwinkle and I live on the far side of the town," said the lady.

That name sounded so familiar, but I just couldn't pinpoint it.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Periwinkle, I'm Sheriff Brown, now tell us your theory," aid the officer.

She told us about how the town had caught the Pageovirus and about how the school was built upon the site.

"So you mean to say that you think that this place is haunted," the officer laughed.

"Yes, it could be your best lead now.  I heard that your ideas had run dry," said Mrs. Periwinkle.

"Well, that is insane, ghost haunting a school," he laughed, "Hilarious!"

Mrs. Periwinkle looked un-amused at his childish behavior and casually strolled off.  I decided to take off too, it was getting late and I had to get home.

"Excuse me," said a voice from behind me.

It was Mrs. Periwinkle.

"I didn't catch your name back there," she said.

"Oh I'm Kyla," I replied.

"Ok Kyla, you know that story I told you, well it's all true.  My grandmother lived through the tragedy," Mrs. Periwinkle whispered.

"Really," I _____

"My grandmother gave me the news paper that stated the incedent," said Mrs. Periwinkle, "Is your grandmother Janet Lewis?"

"Yeah, that's my Nana," I replied.

"I'm you grandma's friend.  I was at your grandma's 68th birthday,"she said happily.

"Oh yeah," I replied.

"Well, back to business.  I was wondering if you would like to, maybe investigate with me," she suggested.

I could not resist the adventure, but it was risk.

"Sure," I blurted out.

"Great I'll meet you at the school at 11:00 A.M.," she said, cheerfully.

I spent the whole night thinking about the school.  I just had to know the truth.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment