Wednesday, March 26, 2014

AHW

  A long time ago there was said to be a sacred golden apple.  It was said that if you ate it you would have magical powers.  There were many greedy people who wanted the apple, but the society of fairies, witches, wizards, gnomes and so on from a magical world, fought to keep the apple hidden.  But one day someone would find it according to the prophecy.

Hi, I'm Madison.  I'm a 19 year old girl from the rural town of Salmania.   It was 7 A.M. and I was sitting at my mothers bakery.

"Honey, come help me make the marzipan animals for the pet show," my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Sure," I said getting up and walking to the kitchen.

I found my mom in the kitchen.  I started kneading the marzipan till it was nice and soft.  I made 3 balls.  the largest was orange the middle one was pink and the smallest was white.  I use the orange to make animal bodies, the pink for the nose and collar and the white for the eyes.  Once I finished with the shaping i got some food coloring and toothpicks to make smaller details like pupils and whiskers.  At the end I made an army of marzipan animals.

"Honey, can you go sell them on Bakers St.," she asked.

"Sure," I replied.

I grabbed a rolling table and started up a tall hill to Bakers St.  I was panting once I got to the top.  I leaned onto the table and it suddenly went rolling down the hill.  As the table rolled I tumbled behind it.  I went faster and faster.  My back ached from rolling but there seemed to be something magical happening.  I felt like I was in the eye of a tornado.  A wind seemed to blow around me.  It might have just been me but I also heard a soft music and singing.  I started to get drowsier and drowsier.  BAM!  I thought I had fallen to the hard dirt ground but the ground smelled of sweet poppies.  As I opened my eyes I saw a little human so small and dainty.

"She opened her eyes," It shouted in a dainty voice.

I started to sit up when I saw a  group of people crowded around me.  Some of them were as tall as my hand, some looked like the garden gnomes in the garden and normal sized people with pointed hats and long robes.

"Aye, I knew we shan't let these un-magical folk into Gandola," muttered an old man wearing a cloak.

"Where am I,"  I asked.

"You're in Gandola honey," A woman in a pointed hat said.

"Where," I asked not under standing.

"She un-magical Serrifina.  Gandola 's where the magical beins' live.  How'd you get 'ere anyway," asked a garden gnome.

"I don't know I tumbled down a hill and then ended up here," I replied.


"Well I guess since she's here we'll greet her like guest," said a little fairy.

"Go on now show 'er, 'er room," said a cloaked man with a long white beard.

"Come this way," said the lady called Serrifina.

"Who are you," I asked.

"I'm a good witch honey.  Fairies, gnomes, dwarfs, ect. live here," Serrifina replied, "If you need anything just whistle."

I liked Serrifina from the start.  She was really nice and helping.  After my first day there I met a lot of nice people.  One night I was walking around the streets and I heard the old man from my first day talking.

"She musn't find the 'Golden Apple'," he said.

"But Coram she's destined to find it.  The prophecy states that a girl will find the apple, and besides she can't go home, because the only way out is magic," said Serrifina's voice.

"How do you know it's her," he asked.

"She might," said Serrifina.

"Well we don't know so we should keep it secret," he said.

I started running until I got to my room.  I wondered what they were talking about.  What was the golden Apple?  What prophecy?  Where?  What's so important about it?  All these questions raced through my head.  I felt determind to find out what this apple was all about.  I put on my cloak and headed to the library to find a book on the golden apple.  I spent the whole night looking through books.  I found tons of books on a golden apple.  The librarian let me check out the books and I went home.  I tucked them under a pile of robes in a dark drawer so no one would find it.  The next day I read through all of the books.  It turns out that the golden apple is magical and will make people magical if they eat it.  It also said it was hidden deep within Dwarf City.  I knew if I got the apple I would be able to go home.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment