Tuesday, March 4, 2014

AHW

It was a dark night at the ball.  The men wore their best suits and the women wore various dresses but were all decked in a large amount of jewelry.  Suddenly the lights went out.  Everyone started to panic.  Then the lights came back on.  Someone’s eye caught the red splatters on the wall that spelled, “Beware the Cavile”.  All the women felt around their wrists and necks their jewelry was gone.  I Lindsey and my friend Lilia was amongst the crowd in a flowing deep violet dress.  It suddenly came to mind that I would have to solve this baffling mystery.  My first guess was the men, because there was at least one man standing next to each woman.  I had my body guard check the men and found no jewelry.   I was baffled because there had to be many of them to get all the jewelry that quickly.  I went around to look for clues.  The whole place was getting cleaned by the workers so I decided to dismiss everyone in the room so I could investigate.  I looked around the room.  The criminal must’ve been in the room because the doors are locked from the outside.  I looked down the list of guest until my eyes fell on the name Hans Cavile.  I knew he was the one because of his last name was written on the wall.  But then a question struck me. “Why would he write his own name on the wall?  It would only make it easier to find him.”  I was back to square one.  I took out my kit so I could analyze what the splatters on the walls were made of.  I swabbed the substance and left my computer to do the rest of the work.  I walked around thinking and thinking till I heard a ding.  I went over to my computer and found out the substance was frosting.  The same frosting used in the cakes sitting all around the hall.

“Lilia, find out who has access to the frosting used to decorate the red velvet, chocolate and strawberry cakes,” I asked her.

“On it,” she replied walking to the kitchen.

I thought and thought until Lilia came rushing out.

“The only people that have access to the frosting are the chefs,” she said, “But why would they do this?”

“I don’t know.  Maybe they aren't paid enough,” I replied.

“I also over heard some of the staff talking about it they said something about ‘strike’ and ‘higher paychecks’,” she informed.

“It all fits together.  The staff is going on strike,” I said.


“But the jewelry,” Lilia said.

No comments:

Post a Comment