Friday, May 1, 2015

CRT Lenses

"Ok, so I'm going to put them in and then you can learn to put them in your self," said Dr. Poma, the eye doctor.

"Ok," I nodded.

"Ok, so first, you always have to wash your hands before you put your contacts on.  I washed mine before I came into the room," Dr. Poma continued.

She placed a contact on her finger tip and squirted it with a Ph solution to get rid of germs, particulates and proteins.

"Ok, so I'm just going to come over here and I need you to open your eye," she said.

She placed her fingers above and below my eye to pry it open.  Ever so gently, she set the contact onto my eye.  She did the very same to the other eye.  At first, they just felt like a little weight on my eyes, but then, whe I started to blink, I realized that the were scratching my eye lids.

"The CRT lenses are hard lenses so they'll scratch your eyelids, but you're only supposed to wear them when you sleep, so you won't have to blink," she informed.

They might've been known to cause minor pain, but the irritation was so strong that my eyes were watering so much.  It looked like I was bawling my eyes out.  Dr. Poma handed me a tissue and I wiped my eyes.

"Now I need to test your eyes, but it might not be accurate because they're watering," she informed.

A letter chart flashed onto a screen across the room.  To my suprise, they all looked pretty clear, but my right eye was blurry because it was so watery.  After that, I was given aquick tutorial on how to put in and take out my contacts.  After many attempts and dropping the contacts on the floor so many times, I was finally able to take out the contacts.  What a relief.  My eyes finally stopped watering and the irritating feeling was gone.

"Now can you try putting them back in," the lady giving the tutorial asked.

I gave her a look that read "Really?" and put the dreaded contacts back in.

"I'll go ask Dr. Poma if she wants you to keep the contacts back in," she informed.

I don't want to keep these contacts in, I thought.  In the end, I got to take them out and a wave of relief swept through my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment