Monday, February 24, 2014

AHW

Madame Annabelle looked out my window to see a white figure moving towards her.
“Help, help The Spanite is sinking,” it chanted.
As it neared she noticed the face then the body.  Old, fragile Mrs. Rubin, the owner of Shimmering Lake Hotel heard her let out a piercing shriek.  As quick as lightning Madame Annabelle ran to Mrs. Rubin’s room.

“I can’t bear it any longer!  These ghostly events are driving me crazy,” Madame Annabelle yelled.

“What are you talking about,” asked Mrs. Rubin.

“I have seen many paranormal things during my visit!  I thought I was hallucinating but I’m not,” Madame Annabelle said.

“Can you describe the events?  I’ll get somebody to investigate,” Mrs. Rubin replied.

“I would like a room without windows and I’ll write it down when I leave tomorrow,” Madame Annabelle.

“Ok, goodnight Madame Annabelle.  Here are the keys to room 718.  No windows,” Mrs. Rubin said worriedly.

The next morning Mrs. Rubin came over to my house to tell me about the mystery.

“Oh Bella.  My patrons have been telling me about paranormal events that have been happening.  I’m running out of business,” Mrs. Rubin exclaimed, “I came here to ask you if you would like to investigate.”

“I’d be glad to,” I Bella Louis age 16 said.

I asked my best friends Aly and Sophia to assist me.  Aly was an athletic blond who craved a good mystery.  Sophia on the other hand was very protective but would never let a friend down.  Together we’re a perfect team.

It was a bright summer morning.  I started packing my bags because I was going to stay at Shimmering Lake Hotel in Shimmering Lake City to solve the mystery.  Around noon I drove over to Aly’s house to pick her up.  She came running out with her suitcase and hopped right into the car.

“Let’s get Sophia,” she said.

I drove over to Sophia’s house to pick her up.  In no time we were at Shimmering Lake Hotel.

“Oh great you’re here,” said Mrs. Rubin, “You can have suite 598.  It has 3 beds, a large window and balcony where you can watch the ghost.”

We started to unpack in our rooms.

“Do the ghost come very near people,” asked Sophia.

“Oh never.  But they seem to approach you but never get too close,” said Mrs. Rubin, “But once it walked on the balconies.”

“Well I don’t want the bed near the balcony,” said Sophia.

“You can have the bed in the other room that is enclosed.  You can order your breakfast, lunch and dinner from your room and I would be glad to tell you about Shimmering Lake City.  Here’s a pamphlet.  Have a nice day,” Mrs. Rubin informed, “Oh and by the way, here’s a paper that states all the paranormal events.”

“Thank you Mrs. Rubin.  We’ll try to solve the mystery as fast as we can.” I said.

As soon as she left we started to discuss the mystery.


1 comment:

  1. that is an interesting story how long have you been working on it.

    ReplyDelete