Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thurs 5min Writing

It was a cold early morning in Bloomfield Hills, MI.  I walked into the loud library where everyone in the battle were gathered.  I saw part of my group asking a lady where we were supposedsd to sit so I went over too.

"Guys, our table is over there," I directed.

"But another team is there," Jaren replied.

I looked over and saw 2 people who didn't have their squirrel shirt on.  We walked over and started doing a Sudoku puzzle while waiting to start.  I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach.  I was hoping I could win again for the second time in a row.

"Let's begin the battle," Mrs. Clark said through the mic, "I'll start by introducing our judges..."

After she introduced the judges Mrs. Truesdell said all the rules.

"Let's begin the battle!  Make sure you're using the right piece of paper," Mrs. Clark announced.

The first 2 rounds whizzed by quickly.The third round was a challenge.  I guess that's why it was called the "Challenge Round"

"That's all the question for the battle.  We'll tally the points and then announce the 6-10 book readers then 1st, 2nd and 3rd place," Mrs. Clark said, "Mrs. Reagan will pick tables to go get their lunch."

When my team was called I was starving.  All the food was laid out buffet style.  I saw grapes, oranges, celery, carrots, pizza, Doritos, 

No comments:

Post a Comment