Wednesday, February 26, 2014

AHW

It was a Thanksgiving evening. I Rebecca Mone age 10, and a swimmer was heaping my plate with food. It all smelled so good. i got some turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn bread, peas, sausage balls, cheesy potato soup and artichoke dip. The food smelled so good. I sat down by my cousins Allison 10yrs old, and a competitive swimmer who likes to brag about her swimming abilities and Gracie 9yrs old, and a kind figure skater who loves people that share her name.

"Hey Rebecca I got a zone cut (a cut for the biggest for the 100 free (4 lengths of freestyle) last night. I bet you’re no closer than before," Allison bragged.

"Got one last week," I replied, "In the 100 free too."

After saying that I saw her smile turn into a frown.

"I started training with Gracie Grosvenor! She saw me skating in a tournament and said I have a lot of talent," Gracie smiled changing the topic to figure skating, "We're name twins."

"I can't wait to see the London Olympics next year. I bet you $10 Michael Phelps isn't going to get more gold metals than In Beijing," I dared.

"Deal," said Ashley.

"This turkey is yummy. Did you try the Trash Puffs. They don't actually have anything to do with trash. I love them," Gracie exclaimed, "You should start eating so we can get seconds faster."

Trash Puffs are doughy puffs filled with anything.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the details you used. It was very well writen.
    -Megan C.

    ReplyDelete