Monday, April 6, 2015

AHW

"My tummy hurts," Erika whispered to me.

"Do you feel like throwing up," I drowsily mummbled.

"Yes," she whispered.

Frightened by her remark, I jolted up into a sitting position.  In the darkness of night, I could make out a person which I assumed was Erika sitting at the foot of my bed.

"Why don't you goto the bathroom," I whined, "I'm tired and don't want you throwing up on me."

"But I'm scared," Erika whimpered.

I could see her small body shiver.  It was probably 1 in the morning and I didn't feel like getting to my feet, yet I also didn't want to be covered in reaking stomach acid and bile.

"Go to Mommy's room," I pleaded.

"I'm to scared," Erika whined.

I had to choose which outcome I'd rather face.  Getting out of bed and acompanying Erika to my parents room was by far the winner.  I sluggily got out of bed.  I recoiled as my feet touched the icy cold floor.  Erika and Iwalk through the darkness until we made it to my parents room.  Erika went in, and I ran all the way back to my room and curled up under the warm covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment