Thursday, April 9, 2015

AHW

It was a rainy day in Seattle, it did not make mourning any better.  About half way across the U.S., was the familiar place that I called home.  I left almost everything I had behind.  Old memories, old friends, my old school, literally everything that had become the foundation of my life had been left behind.  It all started on a dark and dreary day in Montauk, New York.  I arrived home at approximately 8:00 from soccer practice with my friend Kendall.

“Honey, can we see you for a minute,” my mother asked.

“Yeah, why,” I wondered.

“Well, as you know your father was a contender for a job Melanie’s Auto Insurance,” mom continued, “He didn’t get the job he asked for.”

“What,” I exclaimed, “But daddy was so perfect for it.”

“He got a job to work at Melanie’s Auto Insurance Headquarters,” mom continued, “Located in Seattle.”

“Wait, I don’t have to go to Seattle do I.  This is the part where you tell me that I’m not moving to Seattle,” I hoped.

“I’m sorry, but we’re leaving next week,” mom muttered.

“No, I’m staying here with everything I know as reality,” I yelled.

“Keep it down.  Your father doesn’t want to know that you are disappointed,” mom whispered.

“I’ll just stay with grandma and you and dad can go to Seattle,” I begged.



“No, we have already made the decision and we are going to go,” mom yelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment