Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thurs 5min Writing: Realistic Fiction

            Maybe it’s because I push myself too hard during competitive events, that if I don’t win it feels like my life is over.

            A few months ago I made it to the Spelling Bee Nationals.  I was doing really good until I spelled the word “Euouae” wrong.  I was so mad at myself.  I threw a fit on stage, kicking and yelling.  They dragged me off the stage as I was thinking of what a failure and how embarrassed I was.  I was even more embarrassed when I was walking out of the auditorium.  Everyone was staring at me knowing that I was the kid who threw a fit over getting a word wrong.  You may wonder why I threw a fit.  A month prior to the Bee, I started locking myself in my room after school reading dictionaries.  I started with the hand book types and then to the big ones like the one my language arts teacher had on a large pedestal at the front of the class room.  I worked so hard to fail.  I spent a week in my room.  I mourned about how the trophy ended up in Bessie Kohl’s hands and not mine.  People say I over react, but that is just how I take failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment