Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wed 5min Writing

The New World

It had been day since we've seen land.  The Virginia Company sent my Mistress, Ms. Ruth Watson a  plump old woman, about 40.  Since she went I had to too.  As her servant I had many duties.

It was a cold March evening when my Mistress received a letter that she was approved to go to Jamestown.  I packed 3 dresses, 1 pair of comfortable shoes, socks and a hat.  My Mistress packed 9 dresses, a cap, fancy shoes, socks and a flowered bonnet.  Around April 9th we set off for Jamestown.  The deck was dark and crowded.  I seemed like 10 years until we reached Jamestown.

The first step I took in Jamestown was a very memorable one.  Many men crowded around me asking to carry my bag.  All the way to Ms. Watson's cabin men tried to woo me.  At the cabin I unpacked and tidied up.  Ms. Watson just stared at me as if I were evil.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment