Sunday, March 22, 2015

Running From the Rain

A noise that sounded like aluminum clanging started down the street.

"Narissa, what's that noise," I asked

"Karina, we must hide," my sister Narissa whispered, her eyes full of worry.

"Why," I asked.

Before she had time to answer, there was a loud knock on the door.  Narissa put some pressure on the wall that opened up a secret compartment behind a pressure plate.  Longing for answers, I was shoved into the secret room.  Right behind me, Narissa hopped in to.  The knocking got louder and louder.

"Open up.  If you don't we'll bust open your door," threatened a deep monotone voice.

"What is," I asked.

"Shhhhh," Narissa shushed, cutting me off.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang.

"We know you're in here," came the voice again, "You can't hide!"

"A group of people who call themselves the government lost control over their artificial intelligent robots and the robots are now on a rampage and there's nothing the government can do but to have everyone hide," Narissa whispered.

"I'm scared," I whined.

"We have to jump," she whispered again.

"Wha," I asked.

My question was answered when she pushed yet another pressure plate to open a panel into a dark hole.

"Jump," she demanded.

"Are you coming with me," I asked.

"Just jump," Narissa whispered.

"Will someone catch uaaaaahhhhhhhhh," I screamed

I realized that Narissa had shoved me and that I was now tumbling into the dark abyss. The light from the little opening got smaller and smaller.  A small figure stepped into the opening and jumped.

My breath was forced out of me as I hit a soft surface after my drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment