Monday, October 6, 2014

Sportsway GoCart Crash

It was a warm summer morning, July 26 to be exact.  The day my sister Erika turned 8.  It was a really exciting day because we were going to Sportsway (and sort of because Erika was turning 8)!  We were turning into Sportsway.  My parents, Erika, my cousins Samantha and Ryan and I walked over to the Go Cart track to decide what we would do.

"I want to do GoCartting," I proclaimed.

"I do to," said Erika.

"Ok, we'll go GoCarting," said my dad, going to buy tickets.

I loved GoCarting (even though I wasn't really good at it).  I liked the feeling of the speed and the G-Force.  My dad got 8 tickets and we headed to the line.  It was 10:00 A.M. and the lines were empty, a great time to GoCart.

"How many," said the helper sluggishly, apparently someone didn't get their morning coffee.

My dad gave him 4 tickets 2 single cars (for Samantha and I) and 2 double carts (For my Mom, Dad, Ryan and Erika).  Samantha and I ran over to the single cars while everyone else went to the doubles.  I quickly hopped into the rainbow car.

"Hey, I wanted that car," said Samantha.

"Fine," I said hopping into a blue car infront of Samantha.

I put my feet on the gas and break peddle as the helper made his rounds through the maze of GoCarts.

"Do you know how to use the peddles." asked the man, still sleepy.

"Yeah," I replied, I wasn't dumb, "The one on the right is the go peddle and the left one is the stop peddle."

"No," he said.

 I was definatly right.  The right one said "GO", the red one said "BREAK".  He must've been cross eyed or somthing because I was right.  Once he finished checking with us, he lifted the tire holding the cars back, and let us go.  I stompped down on the gas peddle and went whizzing infront of everyone.  Slow pokes, I thought.  I looked forward qnd realized that I was aproaching my first turn,180 degrees.  I grabbed the wheel and took the turn at the last minute.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment